Florentine Helpful Hints: Additional Scrapbooking Project
- Use diagrams on page 36–37 of Imagine™ and this cutting guide to cut papers.
- To achieve the light peach color on the seam binding ribbon, lightly ink a Sponge Dauber in Goldrush ink and then lightly sponge the ribbon. You’ll need about 50". Let it dry for 30 minutes. After dry, cut in three lengths: 26", 12", and 12".
- Stamp lace border image in second-generation Cocoa ink along top of E.
- Stamp netting portion of lace border image in second-generation Cocoa ink on 3/8" × 9 1/2" and 3/8" × 3" accent pieces.
- Stamp title in Cocoa ink on E.
- Stamp background image in second-generation Cocoa ink on G.
- Stamp the heart image four times on the stamping accent in second-generation Cocoa ink; trim.
- Stamp large flower image in Cocoa ink three times on the stamping accent piece, once in second generation. Trim the second generation flower around the outside border. With the other two flowers, trim around the solid center of the flowers.
- Apply Glue Dots® to the center front of the three cut-out flowers. Tie a knot in one end of the ribbon and secure it to the center Glue Dot; twist the ribbon while winding it around the knot, securing to the Glue Dots as you go. Repeat for all three flowers.
- Add journaling to C and journaling accent. Cut journaling accent into strips.
- Sponge edges of all papers, accents, and photos in Cocoa ink.
- Assemble layout according to pattern in Magic on page 37.
- Attach cut-out accent pieces, using 3-D foam tape as desired
Helpful Hints: Bonus Project
5 – 5 1/2" × 4 1/4" Cards
- Tip: As you cut the paper, sort the pieces as indicated in the cutting guide so that each card has its own stack. For example, if the cutting guide labels a piece “Pretty Simple™,” place it in the stack for the Pretty Simple card.
- Use diagrams in Originals on pages 11 (Cubes & Colors™), 82 (Buckle™), 99, and 116 and this cutting guide to cut your remaining papers.
- Stamp large flower image in second-generation Crème Brulee ink on 2 1/2" × 2 1/2" Colonial White accent; trim. Stamp large floral image twice in Cocoa ink on 2 1/2" × 5" Colonial White accent. Trim around the solid center of one of the Cocoa flowers; trim around the outside border of the other Cocoa flower.
- Stamp “Believe in Yourself” in Cocoa ink on left side of 2 1/2" × 3" Vanilla Cream cardstock.
- Stamp small floral image, just the petals, in second generation Cocoa ink all around edges of 2 1/2" × 3" Vanilla Cream cardstock.
- Stamp netting portion of lace border image in second generation Cocoa ink on both 1/2" × 3 3/4" Colonial White accents.
- Stamp “Finding a Happy Place” in Cocoa ink on 1 3/4" × 1 3/4" Colonial White cardstock (Buckle, B).
- Stamp “Splendid” in Cocoa ink on 3/4" × 1 3/4" Colonial White accent.
- Stamp background image in second generation Cocoa ink on 4 1/4" × 2" Colonial White cardstock (Pretty Simple, A).
- Color 9" of seam binding ribbon with Sponge Daubers and all ink colors. Sponge 7" of ribbon lightly with Goldrush ink. Allow 30 minutes to dry.
- Sponge edges of stamped accents and papers as desired.
- Assemble cards according to Originals patterns and the new pattern. Note: Attach the 1" × 5 1/2" Goldrush swirl B&T to the back of the card front for Cubes & Colors, giving the right edge square corners.
- Apply Glue Dots® to the center of the smaller cut-out Cocoa flower. Tie a knot in one end of the peach-colored ribbon and secure it to the center Glue Dot; twist the ribbon while winding it around the knot, securing to the Glue Dots as you go.
- Twist multi-colored ribbon and attach to new pattern card.
- Attach remaining embellishments.